RACE DRIVER 3 UPGRADE 1.1 README 22/06/2006
* Contact info:
* Upgrade must be applied to a clean install of the game. If any files to be patched have been altered, then the entire patching process will fail. If this happens, perform an uninstall of the game, choosing to keep save games, then re-install.
* Patched and un-patched games will not be able to connect to one another for network sessions.
* Following uninstallation of the patched game, there may be some files left in the Race Driver 3 folder (in addition to the save game file, if that was chosen to be kept). It is perfectly safe to delete these files.
* 12 player races allowed for all race types.
* "Return to Main Menu" button added to pause menu and car setup screen in free race and spoke mode.
* Can bring up the chat console in the lobby by pressing '.
* Pro-Sim options now save.
* Cheat analysis now applies more consistent rules when running wide onto rumble strips. Cheat severity tweaked.
* Battery meter and wireless signal meter display on compatible laptops. Is case of compatibility problems this feature can be turned off by setting the "MobileMeters" key to 0 in the "Graphics" section of the pchardwareconfig.ini configuration file.
* Can no longer back out of discipline select to lobby options when in a network game. This stops a cheat that allows the server to use upgrades without the clients being able to in championship where upgrades should not be available.
* Cheat that allows a client to have different upgrades available to other network players has been disabled (car upgrades file is now checksummed locally and checksums must match the server).
* Bug fix for crashes whilst browsing for games.